Religion thread

• 18 Replies
Religion thread
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:41:16 pm »
What if ancient civilizations existed and achieved modern levels of technology and learned all sorts of science shit but then they ended up dying out because of it, leaving only a few humans left over who lived outside of those societies. The people left over formed religions based on the things they learned from the science of ancient civilizations while simultaneously destroying all evidence of the ancient civilization, saying instead that the earth has only existed for 6000 years.

Religion exists based on evidence of what destroyed these past civilizations and is intended to keep everyone stupid so we don't reach the same levels of intelligence and potentially destroy the planet again.

Duuude.
*spork*

Re: Religion thread
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 02:14:04 am »
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:21:00 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vixY8PvHieI

Pastor Mike Says You Need Christ In Your Life

RACHEL TIPPED 20 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 12:41:03 pm »
If it wasn't for religion then the Spanish conquistadors would have never stopped massacring the native people of the Americas, and Mexico would just be a shittier Canada full of white people. South America would probably be entirely white as well.

Of course it's reasonable to assume that western civilization itself would probably not exist, so the world would probably look more like the Americas before ships arrived there. Mostly hunter gatherer societies that are in almost perpetual war with each other, never inventing so much as the wheel.

Gee wiz that sure would be a technologically superior way of life huh?
Shit Ass

Wil u mary me bb
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:38:28 am »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:47:19 am by c2b3 »
kenjataimu

Re: Wil u mary me bb
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:33:16 pm »

Um, what does this underwater whale church have to do with religion? Is this Atlantis?
*spork*

redheron

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 03:42:20 pm »

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:32 am »

It's funny that this picture says vegetarianism leads to Satanism when in Orthodox Christianity you're supposed to abstain from eating animal products at least two days a week: https://oca.org/questions/dailylife/orthodox-fasting
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »
Quote from: internet mom
I believe that the Bible was true to those who wrote it. I don't even think people knew the Earth was round in Noah's time. So maybe he had a premonition (message from God) that a flood was coming and he packed up all the animals he could find in the area around him and to him that was every animal on Earth. The miracle is that God warned him about the flood not that he had a magical arc that he could fit so many metric tons of biomass plus food, fresh water, bedding, etc. The people alive today are not the same people alive centuries ago. We have different experiences, perceptions, knowledge, etc.
*spork*

h

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »
god is everything
abrahamic religions are bullshit

RACHEL TIPPED 69 CORAL FOR THIS POST

dudeweed😂

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 02:46:33 pm »
Quote from: internet mom
I believe that the Bible was true to those who wrote it. I don't even think people knew the Earth was round in Noah's time. So maybe he had a premonition (message from God) that a flood was coming and he packed up all the animals he could find in the area around him and to him that was every animal on Earth. The miracle is that God warned him about the flood not that he had a magical arc that he could fit so many metric tons of biomass plus food, fresh water, bedding, etc. The people alive today are not the same people alive centuries ago. We have different experiences, perceptions, knowledge, etc.

god this is the most weak, milquetoast brand of christianity

in classic christianity the perspective was "no of course this isn't all literal, are you retarded!??" in the 80s the hardcore evangelical line became "IT'S ALL LITERAL, IDIOT" and now "woke christianity" is deciding what to believe and then picking out scriptures to support it. shit like this.. "no of COURSE he didn't have a literal giant boat! idiot! but yes there was a magic prophecy"

also they stole the world flood event from, i think zoroastrotians?
m'lady

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 02:46:48 pm »
god is everything
abrahamic religions are bullshit

also this
m'lady

redheron

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 05:47:29 pm »
Few comments:

1.  Interesting idea Rachel.  Only issue is all the digging we've done.  Haven't found any evidence to alter our current mapping of our development.  The genome project alone (especially the new mitochondrial DNA and Y chromosomal DNA tracking) gives us a VERY accurate idea of when and where we started and evolved.

2.  About the hijab: I have spent a lot of time in Arabic countries and worked with people from all over the Middle East.  I have spoken to both men and women about it.  Only in Saudi Arabia is the burka (full face cover) common and women and men from other Arabic countries often see that as demeaning towards women.  However, here's the rub: The women see the hujab as a symbol of pride.  They see it as an essential part of their religion.  And in most Arabic countries it isn't law to wear one, they do it out of choice because they WANT to.  It's no different than a chick wearing a cross necklace who is Christian or a Star of David if she is Jewish.
-Kidoppay

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 10:35:29 pm »
My cousin posted this story on Facebook

I thought there was an earthquake in the living room and things were falling off the shelves. I ran over and realized there were people banging on our front door at 10pm. ?Is this a joke?? I thought. Then we noticed the glass on our door was broken, and I was pissed. Adrenaline surging, we confronted a group of college kids carrying beers on our porch.

?Did you just break our window?!? They had ?Oh, crap? written all over their faces as they realized that (though our house has some pretty amazing party lights) they were not at the party house they thought.

?Was it you?!? I demanded. I was ready to hunt these kids down cuz ain?t nobody gonna be busting windows on my house where I have sleeping kids.

And then my husband did it. He broke their petrified silence by declaring, ?You?re not in trouble! And I?m not going to make you pay for the window. All I ask is that you come to church.?

I was immediately humbled by his graciousness. And these kids were humbled, too. They were bewildered and humbled. They shook hands with my husband and told him their names. They said they would come. He?s always on mission and that?s why I married him. And of course this is the right thing to do. Because that?s what Jesus did for us. He didn?t make us pay for everything we busted up. He paid the bill and became friends with us.

WHAT TIPPED 69 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*