What makes people gay?

• 11 Replies
What makes people gay?
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »
I've always thought that gay people were simply attracted to people of the same sex, but RasAlGhoul has a different theory.

Quote from: #freefish, where else
< RasAlGhoul> Fagggggs
< RasAlGhoul> Fags are dudes that couldn't get any pussy so they quit females out of frustration and defaulted to anal with men
< RasAlGhoul> Defaulted losers of the procreation game
<rachel> pretty sure most gay men are attracted to other men and that's why they choose to have sex with them ?\_(シ)_/?
<rachel> RasAlGhoul just because being unable to get pussy was the reason YOU decided to have sex with men doesn't mean the same experience is true for everyone
< RasAlGhoul> Rachel you clearly haven't met honest gay men.
< RasAlGhoul> being gay is like being incel and deciding subconsciously that other dudes will do and that they're starting to look good

What do you think?
*spork*

Re: What makes people gay?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:56:23 pm »
idk i've read too many anecdotes from dudes who were like "I thought I was straight, I got married and had kids, but i always had trouble getting hard during sex and i don't know why.. then one day i had nasty sex with a dude in a bathroom and i'm like oh shit, this owns" at age 45

RACHEL TIPPED 20 CORAL FOR THIS POST

m'lady

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:32 pm »
Far right people really like talking about how evil gay people are because of their promiscuity and propensity to molest children, these pictures apparently have sources but I haven't looked into them yet.

I'd like to see a rational discussion about these topics. The tone of the images is very in your face and emotionally loaded; which is great for convincing your grandma on facebook that gay people are bad, but not much else. I'm curious if there are cultural reasons why these problems exist in the gay community. Do gay men feel like they have nothing to worry about because they can't get pregnant? Are there any studies about promiscuity in depressed people? Do depressed people / drug abusers in the straight community have the same levels of promiscuity as the gay community?
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 02:21:08 am »
i think that only applies to gay men.  i think woman to woman HIV is very low, much lower than among straight people.

Probably since most people don't do "Safe sex", the mechanically riskiest behavior has the highest transmission rates , the mechanically middlest has middle rates, and the mechanically safest has lowest rates.

the molestation and serial killer thing sounds made up and i would be astounded if that were true.

edit: there is indeed a lot of info about drug taking and promiscutity, and general risk behaviors" I think drug user HIV rates are correspondingly higher.

U should look at HIV rates in AUS and NZ, 2 of the most promiscuous countries.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:24:24 am by kayimbo »

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 12:17:47 am »
When I was around 16, he was 17, my parent's busted in on me in a [semi-serious] relationship with another guy. (At the time, I knew I wasn't prepared to dare break a girl's heart, like I did before. The frank fact, I think back then, was that I was emotionally immature yet wanted to get in on all that fun stuff I heard about on the local dial-up BBS)

After that I just kinda allowed the label "Gay" to be applied.

Before that, when I was 14 I had my first real physical homosexual experience. It was really, ppft. Met him online. He was a year or two older than me. He tried too hard to use his fully erect tongue to explore my face. I payed for the cab ride over to my place and when my parents got home they drove him home later. That was a difficult expression of cool-hey-everything-is-ok hour and days after to hold. With the parents that is. In the end I didn't regret the experience. Checking into it, it turns out he is still a friend on my FB and I don't mind.

My first girlfriend was beautiful. She was a kind farmer. Someone that knew how to live. For a year back from the previous paragraph, I very fondly remember being chased around by a grouse. I remember really fond and terrifying feelings about holding hands, thinking about kissing, and other stuff. I was a pretty smart, but socaially awkward kid. I tended to be oblivious about obvious things (I wore sweatpants exlusivly well into 6th grade, until people started making fun of me, at least)

A female friend that I've had since before I can remember but kinda lost contact with when we were in high school came up to me one day in the last days of grade 11 and came out unexpectedly as a lesbian and how cool it was that I dated her long time friend (16yo, top, 4p above).

Maybe it it is worth a mention that that friend is also the very first girl, and any human, that I have ever kissed. It was awkward. I was 8. She introduced me to beer 7 years later but back then, I would chase what-a-big-deal 1994 made out of kissing.

Just a few formative experiences.

Throughout and after the last year of high school, I had the best relationship ever.

And then it ended naturally and we parted ways. (occasionally, we still exchange postcards by mail.)

A few years later... The old group got together again. We're doing our thing and frequenting the gay bars each weekend. There was rockband and landslides.

I don't even not know where to begin when trying to answer {the forum topic's question}, "Why" "am" "I" "Gay"?

Because I like to cry sometimes.

That was a few years ago, and now I'm really open to life.

Title: In Defense of the Real Sexual.

P.s. I don't mind if you call me gay. I learnt to like it a long time ago. Wanna play Rocket League or [insert a love of yours here]?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:15:30 am by n17r4m »

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:58:47 am »
all good.

Looking forward, I am absolutely willing to be happy with either settling down (with a partner of either gender) or maybe not. I don't know yet how anything will happen, but I want to keep being open to life and all that can unfold and then retire on Mars.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:35:37 pm by n17r4m »

h

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 05:51:38 am »
Far right people really like talking about how evil gay people are because of their promiscuity and propensity to molest children, these pictures apparently have sources but I haven't looked into them yet.

I'd like to see a rational discussion about these topics. The tone of the images is very in your face and emotionally loaded; which is great for convincing your grandma on facebook that gay people are bad, but not much else. I'm curious if there are cultural reasons why these problems exist in the gay community. Do gay men feel like they have nothing to worry about because they can't get pregnant? Are there any studies about promiscuity in depressed people? Do depressed people / drug abusers in the straight community have the same levels of promiscuity as the gay community?

I'm curious if there are cultural reasons why these problems exist in the gay community.
I feel like you're taking the proverbial red pill too soon here. After a very brief Google search, I found an article by Gregory Herek(who was a professor of psychology at UC Davis prior to his retirement in 2016): http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

Here are some of the quotes I found to be concise enough:

Typologies of offenders have often included a distinction between those with an enduring primary preference for children as sexual partners and those who have established age-appropriate relationships but become sexually involved with children under unusual circumstances of extreme stress. Perpetrators in the first category ? those with a more or less exclusive interest in children ? have been labeled fixated. Many clinicians view fixated offenders as being "stuck" at an early stage of psychological development.

By contrast, other molesters are described as regressed. Regressed offenders have developed an adult sexual orientation but under certain conditions (such as extreme stress) they return to an earlier, less mature psychological state and engage in sexual contact with children.

Using the fixated-regressed distinction, Groth and Birnbaum (1978) studied 175 adult males who were convicted in Massachusetts of sexual assault against a child. None of the men had an exclusively homosexual adult sexual orientation. 83 (47%) were classified as "fixated;" 70 others (40%) were classified as regressed adult heterosexuals; the remaining 22 (13%) were classified as regressed adult bisexuals. Of the last group, Groth and Birnbaum observed that "in their adult relationships they engaged in sex on occasion with men as well as with women. However, in no case did this attraction to men exceed their preference for women....There were no men who were primarily sexually attracted to other adult males..." (p.180).

Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% of cases in which an adult molester could be identified ? only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.
dudeweed😂

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 01:00:28 pm »
To address the original question, there are plenty of gay men that get A LOT of female attention, a phenomenon that is so ubiquitous, that the idea that gay men are incels or failed straight men is laughable. 
aka luke

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:16 pm »
hormones in fruits and vegetables

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 12:21:13 pm »
Why yes, the wetfish user "what" is making people gay.

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 66 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 69 CORAL FOR THIS POST

RACHEL TIPPED 101 CORAL FOR THIS POST

no don't

Ozmiander

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 07:53:04 pm »
the frogs

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 03:18:48 pm »
sorry it's me I put the gay chemicals in the water supply