let's talk about dreams

• 82 Replies
Re: let's talk about dreams
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2021, 11:04:05 am »
Last night I had some awesome dreams.

It started off with me walking around with some friends through a city. We were looking at all of the old style stone masonry and small details on all of the buildings. I noticed that there were several buildings which were exact copies of each other, kind of like walking through a street in Sim City. They looked like victorian-era cathedrals, with large spiral columns holding up steeples.

We kept walking until finally I decided to go into one of the buildings. Inside were a couple of lesbians talking at a table. For some reason the table had a big hole cut out in the middle so I crawled underneath and poked my head out through the middle and said hi. We stared talking about various things and eventually the topic came up of how much they disliked transgender people. I told them I was trans and they were like "yeah you're weird but you're cool I guess. Do you want to try this home made applesauce we made?" And I had a bowl of applesauce with cinnamon on top.

Then I ended up in some place that was half coffee shop, half my grandma's house. I was playing noita with a video game controller on some console with a TV hooked up on the wall behind the bar where the baristas were. My grandma asked me to help her with something and I said "okay I'll pause after I kill this guy" and proceeded to use some crazy laser wand against a mechanical version of Stevari. After helping her I decided to go to an anime cafe instead.

The anime cafe was like a makerspace filled with anime posters and plushies. There was a trash can next to my table filled with stencils of video game characters that had been cut out using a laser cutter and pieces of discarded fabric that people had been using to experiment with the stencils. I kept digging through the trash because I noticed some of the stencils had cute fish on them. I also found some Pokemon plushies in the trash and I was like "wtf this is a perfectly good charmander who would throw this away?" and put it in my bag.

Then I went up to the counter to get a drink from the girl who was working there. After making my order, she offered me some weird candy ball thing. After eating it all of the colors in my vision started changing. It wasn't a true psychedelic experience, it was more like when you see a representation of someone doing drugs on TV. All of the colors were shifting around but I had no other visuals or psychoactive effects.

I went to the bathroom and started to pee. Apparently one of the side effects of the candy drug thing she had given me was spontaneous combustion of your urine when it made contact with water. You would be peeing for a while and the surface of the water would get really foamy, and then suddenly once the ratio of water, urine, and foam was just right, it would ignite and burn off really quickly like lighting alcohol on fire.

After I came back from the bathroom everyone in the cafe was playing some weird anime bingo game on tablets provided by the cafe. Then I woke up
*spork*

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2021, 02:07:32 am »
I had a dream I ended up in a reality that was a copy of this reality with slight differences in gravity and who was alive/dead from my life.   I was really excited to see some relatives and my cat again.  Except my relatives were still dead, and my cat still had a giant tumor and I had to take her into the vet and get her put down all over again. 

I woke up cold and numb.   
carpetdime

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2021, 10:45:06 am »
2021-04-07

Each dream had a god-and-prophet model, and all three dreams were heading to the same point in the story to meet up.

one dream was in space, a bunch of castaways that escaped a dead space station, travelled to a ring-shaped busy station.  "We barely  made it here on wha we could put together," an off-camera voice says. Then a young girl's voice "but we don't have to worry about spare parts, the god will make more," and we see the exterior of a docking point where a long ship made of what looks like a crayon drawing pulls in. The crew disembark, with a 10-year old girl beaming at the sight of   so many people.  This girl is the crayon god's prophet, but once the rest of the crew are safely off the ship, they throw a bag over her   head before she can escape because they know the girl is actually the crayon-god in disguise, and can't let her escape to put the rest of   humanity in danger.

one dream was a shipwreck on some shoals.  I was bodyguard to a young   priestess, easy job, and she asked me to accompany her.  I thought it  was because her parents died here or something, but we saw a waterspout  on the sea approach us.  It didn't die down in shallow waters, it  reached land, and when it crossed onto land it was still a waterspout,  gushing water and flooding the shallow plains.  "That's where we're  going," said the priestess, and we marched inland, following the swampy  trail the waterspout was making.

one dream I was a black girl teenager supervillain who lead trained  chimps on doing crimes.  After a successful heist, I was visting my  mentor's compound, an adult supervillain with '80s new wave sidecut,  and a green cloak-coat like candy!Kanaya, but with electronic circuitry  pattern, and the collar obscured her mouth.  She was the one who  trained the chimps I used in my crimes, and she was teaching me about  her methods for training and indoctrinating the chimps.  I looked  around and saw them in uniforms, doing military drills.  Her plan was  to replace humans with a more perfect society of these primates she  was shaping to be her utopian citizens.  I nodded, not really following  along, I just wanted to humour her so I could do more exciting crime.

RACHEL TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2021, 01:28:54 pm »
2021-04-07

Each dream had a god-and-prophet model, and all three dreams were heading to the same point in the story to meet up.

one dream was in space, a bunch of castaways that escaped a dead space station, travelled to a ring-shaped busy station.  "We barely  made it here on wha we could put together," an off-camera voice says. Then a young girl's voice "but we don't have to worry about spare parts, the god will make more," and we see the exterior of a docking point where a long ship made of what looks like a crayon drawing pulls in. The crew disembark, with a 10-year old girl beaming at the sight of   so many people.  This girl is the crayon god's prophet, but once the rest of the crew are safely off the ship, they throw a bag over her   head before she can escape because they know the girl is actually the crayon-god in disguise, and can't let her escape to put the rest of   humanity in danger.

one dream was a shipwreck on some shoals.  I was bodyguard to a young   priestess, easy job, and she asked me to accompany her.  I thought it  was because her parents died here or something, but we saw a waterspout  on the sea approach us.  It didn't die down in shallow waters, it  reached land, and when it crossed onto land it was still a waterspout,  gushing water and flooding the shallow plains.  "That's where we're  going," said the priestess, and we marched inland, following the swampy  trail the waterspout was making.

one dream I was a black girl teenager supervillain who lead trained  chimps on doing crimes.  After a successful heist, I was visting my  mentor's compound, an adult supervillain with '80s new wave sidecut,  and a green cloak-coat like candy!Kanaya, but with electronic circuitry  pattern, and the collar obscured her mouth.  She was the one who  trained the chimps I used in my crimes, and she was teaching me about  her methods for training and indoctrinating the chimps.  I looked  around and saw them in uniforms, doing military drills.  Her plan was  to replace humans with a more perfect society of these primates she  was shaping to be her utopian citizens.  I nodded, not really following  along, I just wanted to humour her so I could do more exciting crime.

These all sound like things we'd watch on anime night.
no don't

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 03:26:25 pm »
2021-04-07

god tier dreams. most dreams i hear about are people falling or losing their teeth or being naked in public - this is a refreshing change.
m'lady

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2021, 03:28:16 pm »
i had some sunday afternoon nap dreams, something about collecting an army of angry nerds, and as the army grew longer their uniforms turned wet and dark and oily until the whole thing looked like a Frank Miller comic.

i'm going to try to write my dreams down more in the future, hurrying down the the lappy and typing them in. in the past my hand cramps if i try to keep a written journal.
m'lady

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »
I had an insane dream about a fungus that grows on people that people thought was a miracle drug it cured all wounds (and HIV) and diseases but then then their ears started growing shut and they had growths like cauliflower all over them and you could cut them off then it turned into powder and blew away but the spores made more people sick

the cure is a disease
m'lady

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2021, 03:09:32 am »
dreamed i was in some kind of mechanical space with water tight hatches, trying desperately to troubleshoot my new nanite food assembler software which was also going to make sex bots. meanwhile a friend is also using the space as an interactive virtual playground to play old school runescape meets morrowind, simulating combat fights between giant big titty sex dolls that are 3d projected into the space

i get annoyed that the VR projection is loud and in the way and my friend blurts out IM TRYING TO SEDUCE YOU U IDIOT and then we played the game together while i set the assemblers to make about 2000 hamburgers

the game was two (cartoonishly muscular and big titted) clones of a mutual friend fighting each other, but instead of blood big plastic-like chunks would fall off. Sometimes i'd pick up a chunk and take a bite. like marshmellow, but not sweet.
m'lady

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2021, 11:41:06 am »
the game was two (cartoonishly muscular and big titted) clones of a mutual friend fighting each other, but instead of blood big plastic-like chunks would fall off. Sometimes i'd pick up a chunk and take a bite. like marshmellow, but not sweet.

That's like ten different fetishes right there.
no don't

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2021, 07:00:35 pm »
none of those are my fetish. i don't even have a crush on that friend.
m'lady

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2021, 09:15:13 pm »
I had a bunch of dreams last night. At one point I was walking around in a grocery / hardware store, but the most prominent dream I had was about a documentary.

I was in a dark basement, I think at a friend's house, watching a documentary about extinct and endangered ocean species. They were talking about these underwater creatures called "bell hydras". They looked just like Vorticella, the microorganisms, except they were 30-50 feet long and lived on the ocean floor. Due to pollution they've been dying off and less than a dozen remained on the entire planet. There were no more breeding pairs known, scientists had identified specimens at the bottom of each major ocean, but there was only ONE per ocean. Totally isolated from eachother, the species was doomed to extinction.

To save the species, scientists had to collect sperm from the creatures and transport it thousands of miles to breed a new generation of these undersea beasts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorticella
*spork*

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2021, 06:56:38 am »
Last night I had a dream that I was on a road trip with Lugalai and we were driving around the mountains watching the sun set with a bunch of other people next to a big cliff. On the way home we stopped at her friend's house. It was a messy hippie house with a couple dogs and trash everywhere. Basically like Elberon or Fish House.

As soon as we walked into the house I was mesmerized by a giant colorful sandstone with bands of black and orange. It was like 2 feet wide. Then I decided to take a picture of it, so I whipped out my phone; but by the time I entered my password and unlocked it, the sandstone was nowhere to be found. One of the guys who was living there was like "oh this thing?" and pulled out the same sandstone from a pocket in his backpack, except this time it was only a few inches long.

"It looks different" I said, confused
"Oh no, it was just an optical illusion because of this glitter putty that was on it", he replied, pointing to a pile of sticky goo on the table.

Dream logic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fussed around for a few minutes trying to put the glitter putty back on the sandstone and take a picture that was as impressive as it looked when I first walked in, but I couldn't quite capture it.

Then I had to pee and while on the toilet one of their dogs started barking at me and I woke up.                 
*spork*

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2021, 09:18:00 pm »
I had a dream that I was flying around town. I think it's the first time I've ever had a flying dream. I've had recurring dreams before where I could jump really high, or kind of float, but not actually fly.

I was looking at the mountains in the distance and admiring their beauty, then angrily grumbling about the gross suburban housing developments as I flew over them. At one point I saw a pond and was like "oooh cool I should go over there"

I think I might have been dreaming that I was a duck.

Once I landed I was definitely a human because I remember walking around barefoot. It was a somewhat industrial part of town. There were some big gruff men filling up water trucks from the pond water.
*spork*

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2021, 09:18:31 pm »
Remembering my dreams is my favorite part of sober October btw
*spork*

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2021, 07:19:44 am »
Last night I had a dream that I was at some "adventure fun park" in the mountains with my parents. Not like 6 flags with rollercoasters, like one of those places with a bunch of obstacle courses and zip lines.

We were riding on a gondola that took you on a tour across the whole park so you could see all the attractions. Every section had its own theme, like at the top it had a bunch of bright colors and generic obstacles, but once you reached the bottom you entered the "ETHEREUM ZONE". There was Ethereum branding all over the rest of the obstacle course, and it slowly turned into more of a bar / cafe type area for adults to hang out in.

At the very bottom of the park there was a building, presumably for a gift shop / making reservations. Part of the building was a giant gymnasium, practically a giant empty warehouse with 60 foot ceilings that was a long as a football field. I went in there and immediately started shouting and making weird noises to hear the echo. But it was weird - after hearing the echo a few times it would abruptly fizzle out, as if the entire room had some kind of active noise cancellation.
*spork*