Wetfish Town Hall Meeting

• 92 Replies
Re: Wetfish Town Hall Meeting
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 10:33:47 am »
Based on the responses we've gotten so far, I think the best time for our meeting will be at 6:30 PM (mountain time), 8:30 PM (eastern time). That's an hour before when anime night happens.

Since I would like to hold these meetings on the 1st day of each month, the day of the week will change. This way we can be open to people with different schedules and there is no risk of conflicting with anime night.

Thank you for your participation, and I look forward to seeing you on mumble!

WETFISH TOWN HALL MEETING DATE & TIME
Tuesday, June 1st - 8:30 PM Eastern / 7:30 PM Central / 6:30 PM Mountain / 5:30 PM Pacific

Please download mumble and make sure it's working on your computer before the meeting.
https://wet.fish/mumble
*spork*

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2021, 09:26:41 pm »
Just bulldoze #freefish and call it a day. But sure, I'll hang out.
_(:3」∠)_

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 07:03:02 am »

Hey there, you missed the meeting by a few hours. Be sure to join us next month on Thursday July 1st, 2021.

10 members (myself included) were in attendance at the first ever Wetfish Town Hall meeting.

Here is a copy of what was discussed:

Hello everyone!

I've always thought of wetfish like a virtual makerspace, or at least wanted it to be.
A place where people get together to collaborate on projects.
We do that somewhat, but I think it should be encouraged more, with an emphasis on projects outside of tech & software.
Over the years we have made drama the focus of our attention for the lulz
But I dunno, I'm ready to take things seriously

As of January 1st 2021 I have been working full time for Wetfish.
Thanks to our client projects we finally have the budget to rewrite everything.
The main site, the uploader, wiki, forums, as well as developing our own donation and ecommerce platform.
You know, that stuff we've been talking about doing for years but never had the time or resources to do?
Wetfish finally has the budget to pay a team of people to build all of it.

So if you know anyone who knows how to program, build robots, messes around with 3d printers, or anything like that, please get them in contact with me!

Anyway, I'm sure that's not what you thought this meeting was going to be about.
So, let's talk about something that came up recently.

## How I feel about moderation
We need clear server rules and channel rules for wetfish.
And people who will enforce them fairly.

In my opinon the only server rules should be:
1. No posting of content that is illegal under United States Law
2. No threatining violence of users on the network or any people or property, anywhere
3. No actions which disrupt the network or channel moderators
  a. Spamming (Repeatedly sending promotional links to multiple channels or users)
  b. Flooding (Sending so many messages that the server gets slowed down or users disconnect)
  c. Ban Evasion (Using proxies, VPNs, dynamic IP addresses, etc.)

All other rules should be up to the channels themselves.

After reading my vision for the community, the floor was opened to these questions:

How do we deal with drama?
Do we need more moderators?
Do we need to shut down freefish?
What is wetfish to you?
What rules should there be in each channel?

Rothen and libfud both commented that they like Wetfish because it's a cool place to hang out online with friends. Rothen says that the existence of Freefish is important for an inclusive community. Just because we disagree with people doesn't mean they should be removed from the network. Ozmiander says that Freefish is trash and the lack of consistent moderation and rules is the source of our drama.

Upon deliberation we collectively agreed on these rules and decisions:

# Wetfish rules
Just be cool
No instigating
Don't get caught in feedback loops
Don't be a bigot

# Dryfish rules
All rules of Wetfish PLUS
Nothing non-safe for work (Mild cursing is fine, but nothing sexual please. PG-13)
Keep discussions generally work related

# Freefish
Unregister the channel. Ceph has never taken his moderation duties seriously and the people who he gives op selectively enforce rules.

Thank you all for participating. I look forward to seeing you next month

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

MOZAI TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HYRULEAN TIPPED 400 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 07:24:00 am »

So you're going to be at next months meeting then, right?
carpetdime

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
I don't see why freefish should be taken down, but if you do, then i'll make my own. but freefish would have minimal moderation anyway. Also if you're in need of programmers i can certainly help around. and i have recently with sync. maybe you'd prefer a different payment scheme which is certainly fine by me

Re: Wetfish Town Hall Meeting (Should we use Jitsi?)
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 12:25:08 pm »
Idea for discussion: Instead of using our mumble server, how does everyone feel about setting up a new thing - a jitsi server so that we can host our own voice and video conferences?
*spork*

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2021, 10:18:30 am »
Sorry I missed the first town meeting :( but hey I’ll try to make it to future ones. I love wetfish and want to contribute what I can.

My brain is smol and dumb but I like to make things in cad and on 3d printers. (Gimme tasks pay me in coral lol)

Anywhooo
讨厌坐地铁-呆保静❣

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 10:45:34 am »
Idea for discussion: Instead of using our mumble server, how does everyone feel about setting up a new thing - a jitsi server so that we can host our own voice and video conferences?

jitsi is cool, i've always wanted my own jitsi server tbh lol

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 12:02:43 am »

I vote jitsi too
aka luke

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 12:52:29 am »
are you guys gonna have an agenda & parliamentary rules or just yell at each other? will there be minutes recorded?

I kind of think we should, loosely enforced, unless things get really intense.  or some minimal set of rules.  we could have a virtual talking stick.  I've been accused of promoting an evil super dictatorship and world genocide for suggesting this by the likes of meleeman (actually he said something like "this is how governments form"). 

All we really need is for each of us to decide to respect the meeting and the participants no matter how much we may dislike either.

I would also suggest that we all make sure we have eaten a balanced meal at least 3 hours prior.  No one wants wetfish to burn to the ground cause someone has low blood sugar.
aka luke

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 01:16:50 pm »
are you guys gonna have an agenda & parliamentary rules or just yell at each other? will there be minutes recorded?

I kind of think we should, loosely enforced, unless things get really intense.  or some minimal set of rules.  we could have a virtual talking stick.  I've been accused of promoting an evil super dictatorship and world genocide for suggesting this by the likes of meleeman (actually he said something like "this is how governments form"). 

All we really need is for each of us to decide to respect the meeting and the participants no matter how much we may dislike either.

I would also suggest that we all make sure we have eaten a balanced meal at least 3 hours prior.  No one wants wetfish to burn to the ground cause someone has low blood sugar.

yes. lol although i'm just extremely paranoid of them, but i also said that, even businesses need some form of organization. voluntary is the key here, a virtual talking stick makes sense and is something rachel would tell me in meetings although trying not to talk over eachother is sort of simple some people have a hard time holding their thoughts when someone speaks of a new idea.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2021, 10:49:15 pm »
Hey y'all, reminder that the 2nd monthly Wetfish Town Hall Meeting will be taking place this Thursday, July 1st - 8:30 PM Eastern / 7:30 PM Central / 6:30 PM Mountain / 5:30 PM Pacific
*spork*

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2021, 06:14:30 pm »
notes.

New news:
- we still want to upgrade the matrix server. need a volunteer, or we hire the contractor from Moldova
- "Lisa" making a teleport server or some ssh portal, two different ways to audit ssh use when hiring freelancers to do admin.
- deprecate mumble for jitsi.  Mozai and Frob concur.
- atmospheric scientist to investigate with Wetfish on nature preserve (cover cropping?).  Referred by luke.  "biotic pump" theory.
- "Kristin" new part-time developer, appears in #devfish
- luke may have recruits for anti-poverty efforts, could use a wetfish press pack
- Wetfish staff are rachel (directrix), halfwit (developer), Dan (visual designer).  Wetfish needs a more professional face for people who do research into wetfish

Old news:
- #freefish is unmoderated, so no per-channel rules just serverwide rules
- #flooffish and #poopfish appeared, drama arenas

Rachel: "yo, why is the wifi so bad in the bathroom..."

RACHEL TIPPED 1337 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2021, 08:14:45 pm »
notes.

New news:
- we still want to upgrade the matrix server. need a volunteer, or we hire the contractor from Moldova
- "Lisa" making a teleport server or some ssh portal, two different ways to audit ssh use when hiring freelancers to do admin.
- deprecate mumble for jitsi.  Mozai and Frob concur.
- atmospheric scientist to investigate with Wetfish on nature preserve (cover cropping?).  Referred by luke.  "biotic pump" theory.
- "Kristin" new part-time developer, appears in #devfish
- luke may have recruits for anti-poverty efforts, could use a wetfish press pack
- Wetfish staff are rachel (directrix), halfwit (developer), Dan (visual designer).  Wetfish needs a more professional face for people who do research into wetfish

Old news:
- #freefish is unmoderated, so no per-channel rules just serverwide rules
- #flooffish and #poopfish appeared, drama arenas

Rachel: "yo, why is the wifi so bad in the bathroom..."

Thank you for providing meeting notes! I was also taking notes during the meeting but it looks like you covered everything :)
*spork*

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2021, 01:07:59 pm »
Hey it's the 1st of the month

You know what that means?

Wetfish town hall tonight 1 hour before anime time, that's 6:30 PM mountain timezone
*spork*