let's talk about dreams

• 82 Replies
Re: let's talk about dreams
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »
i remember one dream about my childhood and thats

a siege tower, but tiny. four feet high. its covered in fur to prevent catching on fire from arrows. also it has a face. its alive. its screaming at me and slowing rolling towards me on its terrible wheels. i have an insane sense of fear and dread. i invoke the name of christ multiple times, which is supposed to drive away demons, but it doesn't work. my faith in gods powers is diminshed somewhat.

wake

RACHEL TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

m'lady

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 01:46:22 am »
Last night I had a dream I went on a road trip with devnill and Saxton to visit Kakama, except she didn't live in Utah anymore. Instead she lived in the middle of the desert on top of this gigantic tower hundreds of feet tall with no way to get up to the top except by taking a balloon. There were a few weather balloons tied to the base so people could untie them and float up to the village.

The tower village was a futuristic self reliant community with a mad max aesthetic. They had aquaculture set up so they could eat shrimp, big ponds of water for growing plants hydroponically, a brewery, and of course a saw mill with a bunch of power tools. For some reason a lot of the people living there were Russian, and they gave us a tour of the facility. At points it was almost like the St. Louis museum, with weird metal cages you had to crawl through to get to other parts of the tower. The saw mill had clear channels going through the walls where you could see all of the scrap wood and saw dust getting sucked out of the machines into the brewery furnace.

Eventually when it was time to leave we had to ride a balloon back down to the surface by slowly releasing the helium. There was no basket or anything for us to stand in like a hot air balloon, we all individually grabbed a rope attached to a balloon and jumped. It was intense.

Cool dream, would visit Kakama on the astral plane again.

Like this, except taller, wider, and dustier.

St. Louis city museum
*spork*

woodneko

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 09:19:52 pm »
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 01:30:23 pm by woodneko »

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 07:36:18 pm »
So this isn't as much a dream as an old memory.

I only remember seeing The Brave Little Toaster once, at somebody's house, half way through it already starting.

I watched this video and it has the clip where the toaster gets crushed by gears at the end. For whatever reason I remembered this at the time as "roller coasters"?

Cool
*spork*

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2018, 09:49:42 pm »
I once had a dream about a Martian robot where I came up with an algorithm for testing the flatness of terrain and a single camera that could take 3d images by continuously rotating (instead of needing two cameras).
aka luke

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 11:46:29 pm »
I had a dream where I fought Freddy Krueger.  Did I wake up dead?  No, I legit destroyed him.

RACHEL TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

aka luke

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2019, 11:09:35 am »
Last night I dreamed that I was at Burning Man and met up with the guy who broke my heart.

I cried when I woke up
*spork*

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2020, 04:59:22 pm »
Few days ago I had a dream that I wake up on the rooftop with a sniper in my hands, bullets were piercing the air all over, under the pressure, I am sending Taliban fighters 800 yards away to death, while my assistant yelling me the next coordinates of machine gunner, suddenly, before I take my breath away and push that trigger, I get shot in my head from behind. It was super weird, because the dream was super realistic and the thing is that I felt that shot, was super weird feeling. Then I feel like I fastly drowning through the black-water lake and when I reach the bottom, I wake up. My heart is beating, I get off my bed and go for a glass of water. While crossing my bedroom I suddenly notice that I cannot see my reflection on the mirror, I go up close to examine it, and suddenly a black creature comes out from the mirror, like from some kind of a portal, and tries to grab me in. With huge force I just hit the mirror and I wake up falling from a sky. When I hit the ground I finally REALLY woke up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This dream was super realistic, but the worst part was the feeling of getting shot in the head.

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2020, 07:46:29 pm »
Few days ago I had a dream that I wake up on the rooftop with a sniper in my hands, bullets were piercing the air all over, under the pressure, I am sending Taliban fighters 800 yards away to death, while my assistant yelling me the next coordinates of machine gunner, suddenly, before I take my breath away and push that trigger, I get shot in my head from behind. It was super weird, because the dream was super realistic and the thing is that I felt that shot, was super weird feeling. Then I feel like I fastly drowning through the black-water lake and when I reach the bottom, I wake up. My heart is beating, I get off my bed and go for a glass of water. While crossing my bedroom I suddenly notice that I cannot see my reflection on the mirror, I go up close to examine it, and suddenly a black creature comes out from the mirror, like from some kind of a portal, and tries to grab me in. With huge force I just hit the mirror and I wake up falling from a sky. When I hit the ground I finally REALLY woke up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This dream was super realistic, but the worst part was the feeling of getting shot in the head.

dang dude that's crazy

still wanna join the military?
*spork*

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2020, 02:11:21 pm »

still wanna join the military?
[/quote]

...So I was thinking a lot what it would be like, to die in a battlefield, especially, what it would be like to die from a stupid strategic mistake. I mean in the eyes of war, you are taking the most expensive gamble, every time you go to a mission: 50/50 chance that you will come back. I was just asking myself a lot of philosophical questions regarding life, death, war and sacrifice. So it was not a surprise, that my subconscious mind made up the story I was experiencing. I mean, it was just a dream, but it was super realistic one, and the feeling in a dream of getting shot in the head was super weird, I can't even put it in words. I mean, idk, right now I am not so hyped about joining the military, but if I would have an option and I would see a need to do so - I guess I would join. Of course, it would be a serious country that could provide with serious physical, mental and tactical training.

World itself is a bad place full of bad people, but there has to be someone... There has to be someone that fights against it, and tries to make it a better place, for future generations and etc... Someone has to bring the terrorism and bad people down. I mean, we could put whole discussion talking about that from a philosophical perspective. Those dogmatists who tell everyone that "WE are the good guys, and terrorists* are the bad ones, which must be killed", again, it shows us that we still have some undeveloped society fragments.

* "a group of individuals who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2020, 12:59:57 am »
last night I had a dream that Obama had COVID and for some reason I had to bring him to the hospital

I was wheeling him around in a wheelchair and all the people in the waiting room were flipping out like "who is this random chick pushing Obama around in a wheel chair"

the whole time I was thinking "why am I doing this? where is the secret service? shouldn't they be doing this instead?"
*spork*

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 08:03:27 am »
last night i had multiple dreams and woke up and wasn't certain if they were real or hallucinations or dreams or what. back to sleep and repeat.

it was awful
m'lady

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 11:41:16 am »
Friday: it was a "show up to a public event naked" dream but it wasn't a nightmare.  It was a wedding reception, I was the bride's best-man (man-of-honour?) and I showed up buck naked.  The bride threw a fit, shouting at me and throwing things on the ground.  I was unruffled (physically and emotionally).  I saw people in the wedding party giving me apprasing and even approving looks.

Monday: dream about a gaming con where a boy-girl couple fought over a card game.  The girl threw herself in my arms to piss off her boyfriend, but after he left she was still close and affectionate.  Even gave an interview to a vlogger while sitting in my lap.  I remember her nibbling on my ear and I thought "your head's on my left shoulder, how are you biting my right ear?" and woke up to my right ear folded-up in a pillow -- the "nibbling" was the sensation of my ear bending.

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 12:42:15 pm »
Last night I had a dream that some genius car salesman or realtor decided to put a bunch of those promotional balloons underneath some transmission power lines. There was a strong gust of wind and it dislodged them from the ground. My friends and I watched as they slowly floated up and then ZAP, there was a giant explosion and all the lights went out.

We were like "let's get the fuck out of here before the cops show up"
*spork*

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 01:59:44 pm »
I recently had a dream where I was floating around over a suburban shopping plaza like a drone, either looking for or trying to avoid a murderer. This apparently was happening in Pennsylvania.

Then I was in a general store that was set up in a tent in the middle of a field nearby. There was some candy there that looked like giant Nerds pieces, that also apparently served as birth control. I was wondering if I should take them, completely ignoring my IRL sterility.

There was some sort of narrative thread involving me trying to help other people that connected these two events, but fuck if I remember that now.
no don't