Wetfish LAND Party

• 118 Replies
Re: Wetfish LAND Party
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:15 am »
oh yeah and I heard a red tailed hawk go SCRAWWWWW, so that was cool

*spork*

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2021, 11:18:42 pm »
Over the weekend I dug out about 600 feet of the trail and roped off the full 1400 feet length to the bottom of the valley.

We already knew about the waterfall downstream of the property, but we also discovered there's another waterfall upstream of the property!

Also we planted this tree. I got this tree in 2016 for earth day and was growing it in a 5 gallon bucket ever since. I knew that some day I'd have a place to plant it.

*spork*

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2021, 11:43:36 pm »
Over the weekend I dug out about 600 feet of the trail and roped off the full 1400 feet length to the bottom of the valley.

We already knew about the waterfall downstream of the property, but we also discovered there's another waterfall upstream of the property!

Also we planted this tree. I got this tree in 2016 for earth day and was growing it in a 5 gallon bucket ever since. I knew that some day I'd have a place to plant it.

you should give it a name and a little plaque. 
carpetdime

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2021, 09:58:30 am »

you should give it a name and a little plaque.

You mean the tree? It's the compost tree. It lives next to our compost pile
*spork*

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2021, 11:55:19 pm »
*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2021, 02:56:36 pm »
Where's the sheet metal? i only see diamond plate.

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2021, 03:03:00 pm »
Where's the sheet of paper? I only see cardstock

*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2021, 06:43:32 pm »
buy this so i can start stacking fuel:

RACHEL TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2021, 09:19:14 pm »
According to the county topographical map, the top of the trail has an elevation of approximately 6280 and the bottom of the trail into the valley has an elevation of approximately 5920. That's a 360 foot change in elevation!
*spork*

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 11:08:05 pm »
buy this so i can start stacking fuel:

Cool idea for reusing sawdust and cardboard, I like turning waste materials into useful things
*spork*

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2021, 05:25:28 am »
According to the county topographical map, the top of the trail has an elevation of approximately 6280 and the bottom of the trail into the valley has an elevation of approximately 5920. That's a 360 foot change in elevation!

http://www.nwhiker.com/HikeEval.html

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2021, 09:01:38 am »
Most of Colorado is in a severe drought right now, but my land still has waterfalls

*spork*

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2021, 03:50:47 pm »
Fuck foundations, fuck concrete, I'm just gonna drill my house into the ground

https://stopdigging-groundscrew.com/

Ground screws outperform concrete in every way.

GROUND SCREWS REPLACE AND OUTPERFORM CONCRETE BLOCKS. IF WE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENTAL COST OF CONCRETE, GROUND SCREWS OFFER A GREENER AND MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY SOLUTION WITHOUT SACRIFICING STABILITY, COST OR LONGEVITY.

Fast to install, strong, lightweight, low cost, robust, low mess, and kind to the environment... what's not to love?! There are many advantages to the ground screw, but above all else it is about your time and effort: you do not have to lug heavy loads, use heavy equipment, dig deep holes, pour messy concrete and wait for it to set. Our ground screws should not be confused with basic ground anchors or lightweight soil screws from DIY stores that you can install yourself

*spork*

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2021, 08:37:53 pm »
Most of Colorado is in a severe drought right now, but my land still has waterfalls

Is that year round?  If so thats some nice power generation capacity.
IM NAKED

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2021, 11:24:58 pm »
Seriously these ground screw things are awesome. They can even be drilled into bedrock. This is going to make building a foundation for my house so much easier

*spork*